Saturday 30 May 2009

Wall to wall sunshine

A glorious day in Edinburgh on the weekend of the Edinburgh marathon. I spoke to a couple of the runners on the bus back from the airport last night. Really inspiring to hear their stories and their positive attitudes. Both in the 3 to 3h30 range so pretty serious runners. They seem quite comfortable doing 2 marathons a year - amazing.


Did a couple of laps of the park this morning, just over 4 miles. Not quite marathon training distance! But I'm now running 3-4 miles routinely, which is a step forward from last year when 2 miles was my standard. "Your long runs become your short ones" as they say...


Today's run brings my tally for May to 56.4 miles and my total for the year to 160.9. May has been a great month for me - I've been lucky to have been working at home quite a lot which makes running at lunchtime easier. Next month is the wedding and our 3 week honeymoon which runs into July, so fitting in miles is going to be a lot more difficult !

No comments:

Post a Comment