Sunday 7 June 2009

Wet weekend

The end of May was glorious but we're now in a cool, showery spell of weather.

Went to Greenwich yesterday and did a couple of laps - in the rain - around the outside of the park. Greenwich is a great place for running: loads of space (it's 2 miles around the outside but most pedestrians tend to congregate in the middle); varied terrain (it's on two main levels connected by quite steep hills); and cracking views towards Canary Wharf.

The hills are quite a challenge to begin with but I think they make a big difference to your fitness after a while.

Today I went to Dulwich and did 3 laps. Feeling a bit tired after yesterday's run and being woken up early by a big thunderstorm. Might have a break from running tomorrow. Eighteen miles this month so far, and my total for the year is 185.03.

Oh and I got my first sponsor yesterday - thanks Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment