Saturday 3 October 2009

A new record - and a new landmark

Off to Greenwich this morning with the aim of doing a long run, ideally more than 7 miles, as preparation for runKingston next weekend.

It was a cool, breezy but dry day, ideal for running. I ran two long laps but thought a third trip up the hill was probably a bad idea, so I stayed on the top level of the park and completed 3 shorter laps for a total of 7.8 miles - a new record for me, and close enough to 8.2 miles to make me confident I'll handle the distance ok at Kingston.

And somewhere in the middle of my run I passed 400 miles for the year so far - fantastic !

So, maybe time to set some targets for next weekend:

1. Complete the distance
2. Run all the way !
3. 85 minutes
4. 80 minutes
5. 75 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment