Saturday 26 December 2009

A big thank you


First things first - a big thank you to my Mum, brother, sister-in-law and nephew, with whose generous help my fundraising just broke through the £500 barrier. A great Christmas present for me, Practical Action and all the people whose lives it helps to change.
And, happily, the weather has relented a bit and after a week of inactivity I managed to get out for a run today ! The pavements are still pretty icy in places but in general they are good enough to run on, and I ran a 4.5 mile lap from the flat around the park and playing fields opposite. Not that many people out and about, but I did pass a couple of other runners, both of whom looked a bit more hardcore than me.
So another 4.5 miles on to the total and given the direction the weather's taking I should be able to get out tomorrow as well, which should help me move towards 600 for the year (I'm now at 582).

No comments:

Post a Comment